An opportunity to be responsible for leading and developing the engineering function within operational engineering and R&D engineering.
We are now actively looking for a Director of Engineering
Deadline: As soon as possible
Ambition to become the preferred development partner for the wind industry.
To strengthen and focus the market approach and approach customers with an organizational structure like their own, Danhydra has, as of January 1, 2024, restructured their organization from a traditional company organized in departments to a company with three Business Units: Customized Tools, Danhydra Products, and Tool Service.
As Director of Engineering for the “Customized Tools” business unit, you will be responsible for leading and developing the Engineering function with Operational Engineering and R&D engineering, with a clear ambition to become the preferred development partner for the wind industry. You will lead and support the global engineering department, and a key role will be to build relationships with the technical stakeholders at various key accounts.
Your tasks include:
- Developing the global engineering strategy in cooperation with the SVP BU and execution of the strategy.
- Lead the engineering function with a project management mindset to a high level of performance on efficiency, on-time, and on-cost delivery of engineering packages, as well as ensuring design to cost targets are met.
- Support and sparring to the Project Manager in which resource allocation is needed in different projects to ensure quality, cost, and time in each project.
- Decide on design standards and Engineering processes which match the customers’ expectations.
- Implement processes and methods that ensure that Danhydra can deliver real design to cost.
- Budget responsible for the engineering department – setting the yearly budget in cooperation with SVP and based on input from Sales.
- Responsible for design releases.
- Ensure daily support and ad hoc tasks.
- Lead and direct the people within the engineering team to ensure high motivation and team acting on Danhydra values.
- Attracting, developing, and retaining the right set of competencies securing competitiveness in line with the strategy and market development.
- Responsible for all documentation and data being delivered on time and at right quality.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant standards and customer requirements.
You will have an exciting and challenging role in an ambitious, international, and financially strong company with huge potential and growth. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to greatly impact the success and future development of the Product Business Unit. You will join the “Customized Tools” business unit, with direct reference to the SVP BU, and lead the global engineering department, currently consisting of 13 employees within R&D and Operational Engineering.
Experienced Engineering Manager with a commercial mindset.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with an M.Sc. or B.Sc. in mechanical engineering or similar technical education. You have profound experience leading and developing a global engineering or R&D department within the wind industry. Additionally, you have experience with product development and leading a team of development engineers in a project context. You have a strong commercial interest in delivering as promised, and building strong relationships with the technical stakeholders comes naturally to you.
You are an experienced people leader, and you thrive in an international and multi-cultural context, enabling you to lead and motivate the overall engineering team. You bring a strong technical mindset and high ambitions in everything you do. You are analytical and known for being professional, curious, visionary, and a strong communicator with profound interpersonal skills. You master Danish and English at a professional level; however, German language proficiency is considered an advantage.
This is a great chance to play a crucial part in developing Danhydra’s client portfolio dramatically in an international market. The wind power industry is developing fast, and the need for tooling at the sites is ever-changing. Thus, you will be able to step into a developmental environment, where a dynamic approach to everyday tasks is a given.
In this position, you will have great impact on the success of the “Customized Tools” business unit, and you will have close collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders.
Are you interested?
Interviews will be held as applications are received.
The recruitment process is carried out in collaboration with the consulting company Compass Human Resources Group. If you want to learn more about this position before submitting your application, please do not hesitate to contact Partner, Peter Pallesen at +45 22 34 87 60 or at email@example.com
Please submit your application and CV as soon as possible, if you are interested. Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Please note that all enquiries will be handled with confidentiality and that we will reply to the email address from which you send your CV.
Danhydra is an international supplier of tools and tool services.
Trusted by the best in the wind industry.
With some of the most experienced technicians, engineers, and manufacturers on board, we are not too humble to say that we are good at what we do. We take pride in being exactly like no one else in the industry. We are easy going but highly professional. Our work environment is characterized by an informal approach – but our ambitions reach as high as the sky.
And we believe that it takes power to empower. Therefore, our 360o willpower culture lies within our DNA. So, when you take place with Danhydra, you take place where change happens.